Summer Hooping Checklist
It's summer now. I live in Houston, so it's been summer for a couple of months. Actually, we never even really had a winter. Anyway, we will all be outside more, getting our hoop on, and there are some things you NEED to have with you to enjoy yourself. Here we go!
1. Water. SO MUCH WATER. Sometimes when hooping you don't realize you're burning calories and sweating a LOT, so stopping every few minutes for a drink is completely necessary. Don't wait until you get thirsty! Grab a gallon on your way to the park, your body will thank you later.
2. Sunblock. I'm very fair and burn easily, so this is a nobrainer for me, but just because you may tan easily or have darker skin doesn't mean skin cancer isn't a possibility. Lots of makeup has sunblock in it, so choosing one of those and a 30spf and above for your body will keep you feeling good. Self care starts with health!
3. Bug spray. Between mosquitoes in the south and ticks in the north, this is a MUST. There are natural alternatives like lemon grass oil if that's your thing. Here are some recipes. www.diynatural.com/homemade-insect-mosquito-repellent/.
4. Blue tooth speaker. Be the one who controls the tunes! Ranging from $10 and up and available everywhere from the gas stations to Amazon.
5. Portable battery charger. We all like to make videos, etc while out, and that will drain a phone so quick. Don't let your phone die just as you're nailing that awesome trick!
6. Extra hoops! You know people will want to try it out, so have a few beater hoops laying around. Make sure to keep an eye on them and who picks them up. Also, bring a ribbon and tie your good hoops together, so people know those aren't available to borrow.
7. Some pals!! Hooping is always more fun with friends, so grab your girl on the way and make an afternoon out of it. Enjoy the summer the way you did as a kid, playing in the park without a care in the world. <3
12/11/2022 09:05:21 pm
Thanks greeat blog
Leave a Reply.
From the mind of a hooper <3